PaperShoot-ing again

With all the things happening (the COVID-19 pandemic, community quarantines, curfews, panic buying, general uncertainty about the future, etc.), I needed something to serve as a happy distraction. Hence this blog.

It's been a while since I last took photos with my PaperShoot (Paper Shoot?) camera, which my youngest sister and her then-boyfriend (now husband) gave me for my birthday last year (thanks B&P!).

I used to take a lot of film photos, but budget-friendly film is hard to come by these days and having rolls of film processed can also be quite expensive. I haven't touched any of my film cameras in several months. I'll shoot with them again someday, one of these days.

Nowadays I take photos with my smartphone and post them on my Instagram, like millions of other folks.

But I want this space to be different. I miss the excitement and delayed gratification I get from film photography, and while PaperShoot is a digital camera, the fact that you can't see and post the results right away is enough to make me giddy. Shooting with this little camera is something nice I can definitely look forward to.

My PaperShoot camera without the strap and modified with washi tape.

All the photos in the subsequent posts are taken with my PaperShoot camera and are uploaded as they are. No filters (aside from the built-in shooting modes), no cropping, and no editing whatsoever. Just the raw photos, plain and simple.

Here are some PaperShoot photos from last year:











PaperShoot Snaps is a personal photoblog, a digital journal. Perhaps one day, years from now, I'll see these snaps again and remember.

Comments

  1. Hey, great to see you blogging again. Love the photos especially the dogs...shshs, don't tell the cats. I'm more of a dog person kasi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Kayni! Don't worry, your secret is safe from the felines ;) Take care and stay safe!

      Delete

Post a Comment